Unusually Usual

Since the days of desire for holidays to study, to the days when I get them in copious proportions and still sit idle, one bloke who always stays with me is MR.LAZYOMANIAC. One such day was YESTERDAY, when my mom, along with my sisters, pulled me away from my “DELL” n took me to a surprisingly congenial atmosphere, contradicting my present ambience in a car with 6 ladies (3 aunties, 2 sisters n my mom), with me being the only VIRGIN ;-) (ufffhhhh). THE “Yaar adi ne mohini” effect (URRGGHHH). After being pushed out of the car, I came to know that it was a distant relative’s reception. The place was favorable coz-

1.            I can text friends full time devoid of a single staring eye on me, coz all the 6x2 will be calculating the fiscal profile of the bride’s side, on the basis of the shining metals all over the bride.

2.            Enjoy free fashion parade of a few adorable ones neglecting a herd of hideous abominable aunties (uuuwwakkk). 

Finally I reached the 3rd part of the reception along with my 6 bodyguards. Weird to the occasion, it was- 

3.            THEEE most important part of any reception ….. KHAANAA!!!! (food)  “Sadya” instead of a buffet. Being a non-conformist, I was totally put down looking at the traditional items laid on the banana leaf. 


Except rice n pappad all others were treated as untouchables. Suddenly, I heard an unusually familiar voice calling out “rice, rice, rice” . On any other working day, he would have been wearing the same uniform that I wore 3 years ago. “Abhi..." I called. And he replied “Sir, extra rice venuma?”. I was completely stupefied. He would exhibit opulence every time I meet him. He is my school junior from a well-sophisticated family.  My thoughts started to linger into a vague diabolic perspective. “Did he lose his parents??. Did he leave his house for any personal motive?? Did he fail in his exams??? Did he fall in love?? Are his parents trying to teach him a lesson by punishing this poor boy??” I was struggling to digest this trauma that took place moments ago, as well as my unappetizing food. My eyes were locked with him. I had to ask him innumerous questions. Now I had a 4th reason to stay at the reception. My relatives were reluctant leave me alone (poor me :-( ). The love n care was choking me. Listening to 6 different voices of the same fugue “Be careful kutta”, I felt like an extremely pampered brat! And finally they left with tears almost rolling down!! It took upto 11pm for him to finish his dine. He was surprised at my presence and asked me to wait for a few more minutes. In 2 minutes, I had experienced a sight of a bizarre transition of a worker to an owner. He came out in a “Yamaha fazer” and once again his presence stupefied me :-P. On my way back home, he told me that he was working part time to kill his boredom during holidays. He was a shareholder of the catering company. He desired to live an independent American way of life. His talks inspired me. He gave me a drive to do something useful in life ie working part time. I shared his achievement with utmost exuberance to my parents, n suddenly something ushered in their “dashboard”. The first thing they commented - “Thimiru pudicha paiyana avan?? Padikara vazhiya vittu, oor suthitu irukan...” . My excitement mellowed down and I reached ground state from excited state in less than a millisecond, FASTER THAN ELECTRONS. I made up my mind to one final conclusion-

“EGOS STRICKEN OUR PROWESS”

0 comments:

Post a Comment